By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not use the Site. We reserve the right to change this Policy without prior notice. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
The Site is controlled and operated by Don Hutchinson Cycle from the United States, and is not intended to subject Don Hutchinson Cycle or any Affiliated Entity to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Don Hutchinson Cycle does not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. You are also subject to United States export controls in connection with your use of the Site and/or Site-related services, and are responsible for any violations of such controls, including without limitation any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Site and submitting any Personally Identifiable Information, visitors from outside of the United States acknowledge that the Site is subject to United States law and consent to the transfer of Personally Identifiable Information to the United States, which may provide a different level of data security than in their country of residence, and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children: The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personally Identifiable Information through the Site.
1. What Types of Information Does Don Hutchinson Cycle Collect From Me?
Don Hutchinson Cycle gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII“) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII“). Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you as an individual; that is, your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number or other payment account number. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
a. Personally Identifiable Information. You do not have to provide PII to use the Site. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to comment in response to blog posts, or to post product reviews), we may require that you furnish PII. We collect PII from you through the Site only when you voluntarily provide it to us.
b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit and interact with the Site, Don Hutchinson Cycle and third parties with whom Don Hutchinson Cycle has contracted to provide services to Don Hutchinson Cycle may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from five different sources: server log files, environmental variables, cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies and information that you voluntarily provide.
– I. Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
– II. Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
– IV. Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
– V. Information That You Voluntarily Provide. Don Hutchinson Cycle also collects Non-PII (e.g., your interests, your geographic location, etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. When such information is not combined with any PII, such information is considered to be Non-PII, as it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
2. How Does Don Hutchinson Cycle Use Information Collected From Me?
a. Personally Identifiable Information. We may use your PII in the following ways:
– I. Fulfillment of Requests. Don Hutchinson Cycle may use your PII to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., to send newsletters to you or fulfill your purchase).
– II. Administrative Communications. From time to time, in our sole discretion, we may use your PII to send to you important information regarding the Site, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
– III. Other Communications. If you affirmatively opt-in, Don Hutchinson Cycle and the Affiliated Entities may use your PII to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive marketing-related e-mail messages, please refer to Section 3.e (“Opt-Out”) below.
– IV. Purchases. When you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number (for example, your wireless account number), billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, “Payment Information”) from you, and may use such Payment Information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such Payment Information, or other PII provided by you, to third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card or payment account number). To the extent that Payment Information includes Non-PII, use of such Non-PII is governed by Section 2.b below.
– V. Internal Business Purposes. We may also use your PII for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
– VI. Third Party Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, order fulfillment and other services of an administrative nature. We reserve the right to share your PII with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services.
– VII. Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to an Affiliated Entity or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Don Hutchinson Cycle’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
– IIX. Law enforcement; emergencies; compliance. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Policy to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose your PII to others as we believe to be appropriate (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process (c) to respond to governmental requests; (d) to enforce our Terms and Conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any Affiliated Entities; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Don Hutchinson Cycle, the Affiliated Entities, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with Affiliated Entities and other third parties, for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as embedding e-mail addresses in cookies). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder as long as it is so combined (see Section 2.a above).
3. Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
a. Information Posted by Visitors. Don Hutchinson Cycle may make available through the Site services (for example, message boards, chat functionality and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Site becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain PII (for example, a link to your Profile that contains PII), will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your PII, or any other information, on the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PII YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
c. Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect PII under our control. Security measures and tools, such as firewalls, are in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your PII, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site or that is stored by us. We also seek to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. We do this because we believe that our customers attach value to both. As a result, we will often use a method of communication that is less secure than other, less convenient alternatives. For example, certain data you send us, including PII, may be sent to us in unencrypted form. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the Site is so transmitted at your own risk. If you are concerned that your PII may be transmitted over the Internet in unencrypted form, please do not provide us with any PII. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section 3.d (“Contacting Us,”) below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
d. Contacting Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or please write to the following address:
116 Foundry St.
Wakefield, MA 01880
Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.